[U-Boot] Blackfin: UART on SPORT

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 23 17:27:31 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 09:41:26 Andreas Pretzsch wrote:
> In Linux, there is support for a UART on a SPORT, see
> linux-2.6.x/drivers/serial/bfin_sport_uart.[ch].
> It can also be used as console.
>
> In U-Boot, I cannot find similar code, therefore I'd like to ask if
> anybody ported/implemented this for U-Boot already ?
>
> If not, is there any objection not to port this code to U-Boot, given
> that someone (which might be me) has some spare time for this ?

we havent had any requests for this before which is why we havent done it.
ive opened a tracker item for it here:
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/tracker/5552

this means we'll get to it at some point, but right now we dont have a
schedule for it.  so if someone (you?) posted a patch, we'd certainly
review/look into merging it.
-mike