[U-Boot] AT91 SD/MMC Patches

Dan Christensen opello at opello.org
Fri Sep 25 03:24:41 CEST 2009

Hello.  I'm attempting to use the AT91 SD/MMC patches with my
AT91SAM9G45-EK-ES devkit to boot a Linux kernel off of an SD card.

Starting with 2009.08, I've applied:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059456.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-September/060053.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-September/060243.html

Then I added:
#ifdef CONFIG_ATMEL_MCI
int cpu_mmc_init(bd_t *bis)
{
	atmel_mci_init(bis);
}
#endif
to the end of cpu/arm926ejs/at91/cpu.c per the patch at:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059457.html
and things seem to be showing up on boot.  "MMC:   ATMEL MCI: 0"

In an effort to enable the SD card functionality I added the following
to include/configs/at91sam9m10g45ek.h:
/* SD Card */
#define CONFIG_CMD_EXT2 1
#define CONFIG_CMD_MMC 1
#define CONFIG_MMC 1
#define CONFIG_GENERIC_MMC 1
#define CONFIG_ATMEL_MCI 1

However, once I 'mmc init' and try 'ext2ls mmc 0' all I get is:  **
Bad partition - mmc 0:1 **

After adding some debugging information it seemed as though
get_partition_info was failing, and print_part failed with:  ##
Unknown partition table

Per a suggestion from the IRC channel, I verified that I have an MBR
on the SD card, instead of just a VBR.

Thanks,
Dan