[U-Boot] Broken board: mpc5121ads

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 25 14:22:09 CEST 2009

Dear Jerry Van Baren,

In message <4ABC9BCC.9060801 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> A couple of lines got scrambled (exchanged!?) on the mpc5121.  I did not
> have the time to do a "git bisect" or "blame" to figure out where it
> happened.
>
> The error is:
>
> $ cat LOG/mpc5121ads.ERR
> mpc5121ads.c: In function 'initdram':
> mpc5121ads.c:176: error: expected '}' before numeric constant
> make[1]: *** [mpc5121ads.o] Error 1
> make: *** [board/freescale/mpc5121ads/libmpc5121ads.a] Error 2
>
> The problem is the list is re-ordered in
>    ./board/freescale/mpc5121ads/mpc5121ads.c
>          u32 elpida_mddrc_config[4] = {
>                  CONFIG_SYS_MDDRC_TIME_CFG0,
>                  CONFIG_SYS_MDDRC_TIME_CFG1_ELPIDA,
>                  CONFIG_SYS_MDDRC_TIME_CFG2_ELPIDA  <-- should be last?
>                  CONFIG_SYS_MDDRC_SYS_CFG_ELPIDA,
>          };

D*mn. I did fix this. I though. And I did run MAKEALL after that.

I thought.

> Doing a quick search in gmain, the code in question was added by Martha
> M Stan (CC:ed):
>    <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/68478>

No, this was not Martha's fault, it was mine. I reordered the array,
and messed it up. Sorry.

> If someone fixes it, that would be great, otherwise I'll look at it tonight.

Done.  Thanks for pointing out.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse
time.                                                 - Merrick Furst