[U-Boot] RFC USB composite devices

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Tue Sep 29 20:42:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

2009/9/29 Tom <Tom.Rix at windriver.com>:
>>> The usb device and composite device support seems to be entirely based on
>>> usbtty.Is there a newer interface that needs some help bringing to the
>>> mainline? Else, ideas on how to do this cleanly ?
>>
>> Well, I have the complete Linux gadget layer as USB device layer in
>> U-boot. Maybe this helps. I have not found the time yet to push it
>> forward...
>> It can be found in the u-boot-usb branch.
>> (http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-usb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cdc)
>>
>> Remy
>
> Thanks!
> I have taken a look at this.
> It looks like the reference is an ethernet over usb device on at91.
> I have an at91sam9g20-ek. Is this compatibly with your work?
> Else I will just jump in with omap.

Yes, it is first implemented on the at91sam9261, if the sam9g20 has
the same USB device peripheral, it should work as well (if configured)
But it should not be so difficult to adapt it for the omap as long as
there is a linux udc driver for it. Using it on at91sam9g20-ek might
give you an idea how it works and if it is usable for you. The gadget
layer is from linux 2.6.27 btw.

> Are there any missing pieces that I should be aware of?

I think not, the branch is complete as it is, and it works for the at91sam9261.
I kept this branch updated to mainline plus CDC patches...

Remy