[U-Boot] Writing into filesystems, using uboot

Rajat Jain rajat.noida.india at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 13:49:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm a newbie, and was wondering if some one could help me with my
queries, without getting into likes of "Why would you want to do
that?" :-)

I stumbled upon this patch I found for uboot UFS support:

http://blog.springdaemons.com/2008/10/31/u-boot-ffs-ufs-support
http://www.springdaemons.com/stas/u-boot-ffs.patch

Has some one tried this? Does it give you the capability to WRITE to a
UFS partition? Doesn't look like it, but me being a newbie, I'd
appreciate if some one could please confirm?

Also, does uboot in general allow to WRITE into ext2 partitions, for e.g?

Thanks,

Rajat