[U-Boot] Booting from ext2/ext3

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 1 14:21:22 CEST 2010

Dear Matthias,

In message <569685F045B85741820D0265E0D2999D019CFE5A at tddhh01.hh.thales-naval.de> you wrote:

> Indeed, there was something missing! I added the configurations like
> described in doc/README.usb:
>
> CONFIG_CMD_USB
> CONFIG_USB_UHCI
> CONFIG_USB_STORAGE
>
> It seems, like these aren't sufficient - again at final linking stage I get
> missing references (see attachment).
> Anyhow, get_partition_info_dos and others are undefined :-(

This one depends on CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION and the same set we had
before, so if you have CONFIG_CMD_USB and CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION it
_should_ be there.

Did you try a "make mrproper" to force a full rebuild?

> The goal is to boot from an USB Disk-on-Module, formatted either ext2/3 or
> maybe FAT.
>
> Happy Easter - all!

I'm sure you will find some eggs in U-Boot :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The human race is faced with a cruel choice: work  or  daytime  tele-
vision.