[U-Boot] 30-Second TFTP Timeout at Start-Up

Ira W. Snyder iws at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 1 20:55:52 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 05:29:09PM -0400, Jason Hanna wrote:
> > Are you connected directly to the tftp server or is there switches in between?
>
> I'm running a Cisco/Linksys SLM2024 24-port switch. The embedded board
> and TFTP server are on the same subnet and VLAN, however.
>
> That's how I enabled the port mirroring so that I could watch traffic
> on the Sequoia interface.
>
> Does that help?

I'm not clear on the details, but many Cisco switches wait for 15-30
seconds after the link comes up before passing traffic. This is to snoop
for STP traffic before the link is established.

There is a configuration option to turn it off for a specific port, but
again, I don't remember the details.

Hope it helps,
Ira