[U-Boot] Adding new partition in uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 1 23:56:19 CEST 2010

Dear David Gibson,

In message <20100401185147.GA17447 at yookeroo> you wrote:

> > Let me know if we need to increase size of the blob or something which i m
> > missing.
> > This is going to help  a lot if you can reply.
>
> For this case where there's a flash partition that's sometimes there
> and sometimes not, it might be simpler to put all the partitions,
> including the not-always-present ones in the dts.  Then you can use
> fdt_nop_subnode() to remove the extra one on systems where it's not
> present.

A completely different approach woul dbe NOT to try defining the flash
partitions in the device tree, but use command line partitioning in
combination with the "mtdparts" command support in U-Boot. For
frequently changing configurations this is probably the most flexible
approach.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
But the only way of discovering the limits  of  the  possible  is  to
venture a little way past them into the impossible.
                         - _Profiles of the Future_ (1962; rev. 1973)
                  ``Hazards of Prophecy: The Failure of Imagination''