[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

Frank Svendsbøe frank.svendsboe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 11:10:18 CEST 2010

>> In which source file I can see present access timings for the chip select.
>> In which file I need to do these changes?
>
> This is not really CFI driver related. It platforms/SoC specific. Which CPU
> are you using? Can you access the FLASH chip from your JTAG debugger?
>
>> I tried with the below setting but I am getting the same error as flash not
>> found. So I am little bit concerned.

Prakash: As Stefan mentioned, this is probably not a CFI driver issue.
Most probably a wrong/non memory
controller setup. What CPU are you using, and what chip-select is the
flash using?

First, you should be able to read, erase and write via the JTAG before
you even think about U-Boot.

> What are the error messages? Please post a log.
>
>> Please tell which boards supports the S29GL512P NOR flash, so that I can
>> check for reference.
>
> Check kilauea.h for example.

Stefan: Didn't know that. Should have known that a year ago ;-)