[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Apr 9 10:09:48 CEST 2010

On Friday 09 April 2010 10:05:02 prakash bedge wrote:
> >> Does it mean I have to CFI_MTD ot common CFI_DRIVER will works?
>
> I was asking that do I also need to add below settings in my board config
> file.
>
> /*
>  * Dynamic MTD partition support
>  */
> #define CONFIG_CMD_MTDPARTS
> #define CONFIG_MTD_DEVICE  /* needed for mtdparts commands */
> #define CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_MTD
> #define MTDIDS_DEFAULT  "nor0=fc000000.flash"

No, you don't need those defines for "normal" FLASH access in U-Boot.

> >And you need to configure your access timing for the chip select to the
> >NOR Chip correctly of course.
>
> In which source file I can see present access timings for the chip select.
> In which file I need to do these changes?

This is not really CFI driver related. It platforms/SoC specific. Which CPU
are you using? Can you access the FLASH chip from your JTAG debugger?

> I tried with the below setting but I am getting the same error as flash not
> found. So I am little bit concerned.

What are the error messages? Please post a log.

> Please tell which boards supports the S29GL512P NOR flash, so that I can
> check for reference.

Check kilauea.h for example.

Cheers,
Stefan