[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:46:11 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,
>> Are you not using the mainline version of cfi_flash.c? If not, which
"fixup
>> code" are you referring to (link)?
I am using U-Boot 2009.08 version.
I used the fixup for M29W128GH chip from the patch you suggested earlier. In
that code, I changed the condition to check chipwidth and it works.

But I have a concern now, as it works with by changing chipwidth to 16Bit or
portwidth to 16Bit. This is making me a little bit confuse.
 if(info->chipwidth == FLASH_CFI_16BIT)
  info->portwidth = FLASH_CFI_8BIT;

if(info->chipwidth == FLASH_CFI_8BIT)
info->portwidth = FLASH_CFI_16BIT;

Can you please tell what is chipwidth and portwidth and how we can find
that?

Also I am not getting the correct manufacturer and device ids.