[U-Boot] [STATUS] Heads-up: Reorganize directory structure

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Thu Apr 15 17:04:13 CEST 2010

> > > please note that I have applied Peter Tyser's "Reorganize directory
> > > structure" patch series. This results in a massive change of the
> > > directory structure.
> > >
> > > Please make sure to sync your repsitories ASAP.
> >
> > Do you have any plan to move board dirs to arch folder too?
>
> Speaking for myself: I have no such plans.

A closely related topic was discussed here:
www.mail-archive.com/u-boot at lists.denx.de/msg20367.html

The conclusion was that grouping boards by vendor as opposed to CPU type
made sense so that the vendor's boards could share code and provide a
common "feel" across their supported platforms.  I can see how it'd be
nice to split up boards into CPU directories, but we'd have to discuss
some of the warts, like where vendor-specific code would be located if
we went down that path.

Best,
Peter