[U-Boot] [STATUS] Heads-up: Reorganize directory structure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 15 17:22:47 CEST 2010

Dear Peter Tyser,

In message <1271343853.6519.6.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

> A closely related topic was discussed here:
> www.mail-archive.com/u-boot at lists.denx.de/msg20367.html
>
> The conclusion was that grouping boards by vendor as opposed to CPU type
> made sense so that the vendor's boards could share code and provide a
> common "feel" across their supported platforms.  I can see how it'd be
> nice to split up boards into CPU directories, but we'd have to discuss
> some of the warts, like where vendor-specific code would be located if
> we went down that path.

Right. I can see arguments pro and con each of the approaches, and I
must admit that I have no telling argument for either.

My gut feeling is that I like the existing board/ approach better, but
I'm open to arguments.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A witty saying proves nothing, but saying  something  pointless  gets
people's attention.