[U-Boot] Porting U-Boot on MIPS Au1x00 Family

 Gurumurthy G M Gurumurthy.Gowdar at gmobis.com
Mon Apr 19 20:27:34 CEST 2010

Hi All,
        i have a RMI Alchemy Au1350 Board which has 1MB NOR Flash, 512MB SDRAM and 4GB moniNAND. i am customizing the present u-boot board source code available in u-boot.

I need information regarding the porting U-boot on MIPS as i need to change lot of things here. i am using BDI3000 for programming and debugging purpose.

If i just customize the available config file Au1x00.h is enough or i need to do some other changes too. please let me know the more information regarding booting from NOR Flash, i dint find SDRAM initialization and how to enable eMMC (moviNAND) support in U-boot. what all the changes i need to do for u-boot to boot like UART, NOR, SDRAM etc.

Even i need to build Linux kernel for the same.

i am using ELDK 4.1 for MIPS. U-boot is 1.2.0.

With Thanks and Regards,

Gurumurthy Gowdar
Hyundai - Mobis
Senior Software Engineer - Software Development Centre - Hyderabad
INDIA