[U-Boot] [RFC] PPC: post_word_{load/store} - eliminate redundant code

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 20 23:39:09 CEST 2010

Dear Michael Zaidman,

In message <v2t660c0f821004190944p4a0a060fha1c92dbede09a7bf at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> In order to eliminate redundant code for powerPC architecture when
> defining post_word_{load/store} routines I suggest  moving them into
> the arch/ppc/lib/commproc.c file rather than adding them to every
> arch/ppc/cpu/XXXX.

NAK. The commproc.* files are supposed to contain code dealing with
the PowerQUICC Communication Processor Modules. This is in no way the
right place for common code.

Stefan - arch/ppc/cpu/ppc4xx/commproc.c  makes no sense - can we
please clean this up?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The people of Gideon have always believed that life is  sacred.  That
the  love  of  life  is  the  greatest  gift  ... We are incapable of
destroying or interfering with the creation of that which we love  so
deeply -- life in every form from fetus to developed being.
	-- Hodin of Gideon, "The Mark of Gideon", stardate 5423.4