[U-Boot] bf537-stamp board compilation problem

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 23 21:33:57 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 April 2010 15:30:09 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > because the post/ dir has historically been ppc-only (literally sprinkled
> > with code that would not compile for any other arch), we were filtering
> > post/ out in the top level Makefile for Blackfin targets.
> > ifneq ($(ARCH),blackfin)
> > LIBS += post/libpost.a
> > endif
>
> I'd rather have seen fixes for any such problems.

like i already said, we had plans to de-suckify post/, but never got around to
it.  what you're asking for isnt trivial, nor were we seeing the demand for
it.  i could just as easily say "i'd rather the code didnt assume powerpc
everywhere", but it isnt like that gets us from point a to point b.
-mike