[U-Boot] bf537-stamp board compilation problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 23 21:44:22 CEST 2010

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <201004231533.58136.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> it.  i could just as easily say "i'd rather the code didnt assume powerpc
> everywhere", but it isnt like that gets us from point a to point b.

I would have preferred an architecture neutral implementation as well,
but you know how it works: you start with just one specific processor
in mind, then another CPU of the same architecture gets added, and
when you try to add support for another architecture some rework and
cleanup is needed.  Same story here: first came MPC823E, then PPC440EX.
Both happened to be PPC...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The more data I punch in this card,  the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost."
                     - Stan Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"