[U-Boot] AVR32 support

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Mon Aug 2 10:17:46 CEST 2010

Dear list,

A few days ago I tried to upgrade the bootloader of my AVR32 NGW100 based
development platform to the latest release of U-Boot (2010.06). I use
OpenWRT on it and also the U-boot provided with it.

At first, it didn't even compile. Secondly, it didn't work [1]. Reading
through the mailing list archives brought a solution for the first problem.
The second problem was more complicated and discussed without a resolution.

I'm upgrading from an ancient version 1.3.3 due to some bugs. When I used
U-boot on a previous project, it had some problems doing an tftp get due to
(if I recall correctly) $serverip not being retrieved correctly from the
environment settings. The work around was to set it again after every
reset.

So I'm wondering what to do. I can try 1.3.4 or so. I already tried
2008.10, but it failed because it thinks the flash is 4 gig when the
environment is empty and kept crashing (some DMA error). This also happened
to 2010.06. Reverting to 1.3.3 was the only way to get my board working
again. Luckily, I'm blessed with a working JTAG device.

Any advice?

--
Bas.

[1] When trying to do something with the flash, I got a message like
"Error: start and/or end address not on sector boundary"

"Recent" discussion:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/66904