[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Aug 2 22:58:19 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>> Audio is broken in Linux without this patch.  It's something I neglected to
>> incorporate when in my initial P1022DS patch.
>
> Well, this is U-Boot, not Linux.

I supposed it depends on your definition of a "bug".  If it's not doing
something that it's supposed to be doing, and something else is broken
because of it, is that a bug?

Without this patch, audio support on the P1022DS is completely broken.

>> Perhaps "enable" is the wrong word, since the Linux audio driver doesn't
>> detect the problem and just fails if U-Boot hasn't set up the signal routing
>> correctly.
>
> Sounds as if this should be fixed in Linux (too) ?

This has to do with enabling clock signals and pin muxing, something which
is (IMHO) handled better in U-Boot than in Linux.