[U-Boot] Firmware upgrade possibilites technikes in uboot.

Lasse Skov lasko at kk-electronic.com
Thu Aug 5 15:41:35 CEST 2010

Hi

Im working on a target where I use the u-boot and think a little about
good techniques for upgrade the BSP on the target and to make it fails saft.

Is ther any helpeful things I can use in uboot for this.?

My plan is to split my flash I 4 levels.

High
           Filesystem
           BSP_2
           BSP_1
           uBoot
Low

And then let uBoot make a checksum on BSP_2 and boot this.
If it's not is possible then boot BSP_1.

Another option is to build in a telnet session or something in the bootloader so ist possible to upgrade remote on only a Ethernet connection.
But it think the best is to keep the bootloader "simple".

/Lasse