[U-Boot] Warning NetReceive(): Make sure packet buffers start on an even address

Reinhard Meyer (-VC) reinhard.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Aug 6 12:38:58 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
> 	static unsigned char buffer[ENC_MAX_FRM_LEN] __attribute__ ((aligned(4)));
Thanks, sometimes the very obvious is hidden behind a large wooden board :)

> Or, probably even better, use malloc() to allocate the buffer.
For each received packet? Could do that, but its not worth it.
Received packets are queued in the 6K RAM of the enc28j60.
I'll see if the enc can be made to ignore broadcast packets,
otherwise it might get tough either way on a busy Windows
network .....

Or are you aware of any need to hand over broadcast packets into
NetReceive() ?

Reinhard