[U-Boot] ATMEL Custodians == /dev/null ??

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 7 23:24:47 CEST 2010

Dear Reinhard Meyer,

In message <4C5A80E1.9050504 at emk-elektronik.de> you wrote:

> > Reinhard, do you volunteer?  For AVR32?  Or also for AT91?
>
> that would be a possibility. However I was more thinking in the way, that
> since there are practically no other contributors right now that Wolfgang
> would take my patches directly to mainstream unless someone protests them
> in due time.

I have no chance to test anything, so rather leave responsibility with
someone who actually can do at least some testing, and who has an
understanding of the architecture.

> As a custodian I sure would need more help and advice on how to handle
> certain situations. I would (for start) have to rely on advice from Wolfgang
> or someone else.

No problem.

> And as a custodian for AT91 I would mostly collect my own patches,
> <sarcasm> review them, apply them after 2 weeks of nobody commenting on them
> </sarcasm> and once in a while ask Wolfgang to pull them to mainstream?

Right. And please don't forget the testing :-)

> If, after considering my comments above, you still think you really need a
> custodian for AT91, I am game for it.

If you are willing to take that responsibility, please send me (off
list) your SSH public key so I can give you write permission to the
custodian repository.  And thanks in advance.

> PS: from messages in Atmel forums I notice that many users use some branched-off
> old versions of u-boot and (almost naturally) have issues with that.

I'd be happy to have working support for them in mainline.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The rule on staying alive as a program manager is to give 'em a  num-
ber or give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.