[U-Boot] u-boot patch base version

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 10 10:21:04 CEST 2010

Dear Joe Hershberger,

In message <AANLkTimK3Fmjq0jy7ipH2o=y06VOB_rmKWGUzTvko2PL at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm looking to submit some patches that I'm currently running on
> u-boot-2009.11.  I'd like to know before I go through the trouble of
> creating the separate patches if it is a problem for the patches to be
> based on that version.  Should I first port the changes to a newer
> version or not?

Yes, you are supposed to submit patches always against the current
top-of-tree in the master branch (or, in th elate release cycl phases,
against the thene xistent "next" branch) of the U-Boot master repo.
For details please see http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The best things in life are for a fee.