[U-Boot] which protocol do I use to send S-record files when using the loads command ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 18 21:33:51 CEST 2010

Dear Jef,

In message <226BC4AFA29FC24789DFD00DFF3084C2524247EE08 at SAFEMAIL.safetran.railad.com> you wrote:
> > Why did you not follow the description in the Manual?
>
> Did you mean:
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SystemSetup

Yes.

> I can't get Kermit for Windows to work with U-boot.

Why not? Kermit works basicly everywhere. I've been using in since CPM
times on virtually every platform I worked on (admitted, this does not
include Windows).

> TerraTerm and HyperTerminal work great for everything (binary transfers with loadb)
> but just not for loads.

I have no idea if they allow configuration of inter-character and/or
inter-line delays; if they do, you can try to tweak these.

> cu is not an option for us. Our customers use Windows.

INstall an OS then. Install Linux. If needed under coLinux, or in a
virtual machine.

> In Terraterm, there is an option to set a delay for every character.
> The least I seem to be able to do is 1ms/char, which makes it really slow, but it runs (it is running now, but it takes forever).

Actually you need the delay mostly after the newline character, when
U-Boot is programming the tranferred data to flash.

> Has anyone ever successfully been able to use these tools for loads, that you know ?

Sorry, I never use windows, and most people in my envrionment don't
use it either.

No need for a full-quote here. Please don't.

> Any files attached to this e-mail will have been checked with virus detecti>

And *please* STOP attaching these stupid trailers.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Always try to do things in chronological order; it's  less  confusing
that way.