[U-Boot] FW: which protocol do I use to send S-record files when using the loads command ?

Rogan Dawes rogan at dawes.za.net
Thu Aug 19 21:46:01 CEST 2010

On 2010/08/19 7:28 PM, Jef Mangelschots wrote:
> Ok, here is a summary of what I have found out so, with the help of
> Wolfgang. Many thanks.
>

> 4) I can not get this to work on our system (our U-boot is configured
> for 115200 baud). The following explanation is based on my
> observation. I might be wrong and please correct me if I am:
> U-boot can not keep up with the incoming text stream while parsing the
> S-records, i.e. I saw that it processed the first S0-record correctly,
> but when parsing the next record, it breaks off because the following
> record contains junk. As far as I can see, this seems to be because
> the Terminal program keeps sending data when U-boot is busy parsing a
> received S-record. Even after the S-record parser breaks off, the
> terminal program keeps sending the file content, which U-boot
> interprets a unknown commands. The junk record is basically what is
> left in the buffer by the time U-boot gets around to parsing the next
> record.

Have you tried configuring your serial port to operate at a lower speed?

setenv baudrate 57600

should tell u-boot to adjust the serial port settings, do the same in
your terminal software, and you should be able to continue. Press Enter
a couple of times to get your prompt back.

While it will be slower than 115200, it will likely be better than
introducing artificial delays after each character.

Rogan