[U-Boot] help with HP mv2120 debricking

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Mon Aug 23 13:06:55 CEST 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:19:05 +0200, "Miroslav Petricek"
<mirek at petricek.cz> wrote:

> And here it hangs. I wonder if there is any way hot to reset u-boot
> settings. I mean some interrupt the POST by some magic key from serial
> consoler or something.
>

> Do you think there is any possibility to debrick my device?

If the U-boot configuration settings are stored at the top end of the
flash memory, you might try to shorten the highest address line of the
flash to the ground with a needle. Then U-boot will read a corrupted
environment and fall back to its defaults.

(try at own risk)

--
Bas