[U-Boot] Kernel copy from NOR to RAM

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 23 17:28:18 CEST 2010

Hi Nicolas,

> I'm using OMAP-L138 (ARM based) with NOR flash and I'll like to know in
> which file uboot copies kernel from NOR to RAM?

This will be the UBL which runs before U-Boot gets a chance to run.
Just before Stefano Babic's work on the dm365 platform all davinci
U-Boot ports configured CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT and thus relied on
being loaded by some other entity into RAM to the link address specified
during compilation.  In such setups U-Boot is actually a payload in an
AIS image.

There is some documentation out there on the web ([1], esp. [2]) - if
you have further questions, go ahead ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:OMAPL1
[2] http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Serial_Boot_and_Flash_Loading_Utility_for_OMAP-L138

--
Deutsches Grundgesetz Artikel 21 Absatz 1:
Die Parteien wirken bei der politischen Willensbildung des Volkes mit. Ihre