[U-Boot] Kernel copy from NOR to RAM

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Aug 23 20:13:41 CEST 2010

Nicolas Luna wrote:
> In fact I'm using OMAPL138 platform and I think that it is not UBL that is
> copying kernel under that platform.

The UBL set up the processor in a fixed way, and have no knowledge about
the kernel. It loads u-boot, and the kernel is copied inside u-boot.

> I added printf/puts into the code to find where exactly it happens and my
> last print before the copy is displayed from
>
> file: hush.c
> function: static int run_pipe_real(struct pipe *pi)
> line: rcode = (cmdtp->cmd) (cmdtp, flag,child->argc-i,&child->argv[i]);
>
> This is a function pointer and I just don't know where it jumps and it's
> what I trying to find.

Of course, you find only the point where the shell starts the function
executing a command. However, as already reported, you have to take a
look to the "cp" command, whose function do_mem_cp is in common/cmd_mem.c.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de