[U-Boot] FW: which protocol do I use to send S-record files when using the loads command ?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 23 23:00:24 CEST 2010

Hi Grant,

> On 2010-08-23, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Jef,

>>> I didn't say that. I was trying to say that our bareboard system
>>> doesn't support Ethernet and does not have TCP/IP stack (like Linux).
>>> If our system was a Linux system, we wouldn't be having this
>>> conversation.
>>
>> We use tftp in U-Boot exactly because we also do not have a TCP/IP
>> stack :)
>>
>> tftp needs only udp is thus "not too complex" to implement on bare
>> ethernet.
>
> Doesn't "our bareboard system doesn't support Ethernet" preclude the
> use of Ethernet (UDP or otherwise)?

Yes, sorry.  I was mislead by the "and not the more efficient FTP used
in Linux".  The pure mentioning of FTP which does not make any sense
without a network port made me read the following statement not close
enough.

>> Maybe you can implement a server on your hardware?
>
> What sort of server?

It would be a tftp server of course but that is out of the question
without a network hardware.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
So maybe I lost track of my point.  But if I left a mark, C-x C-x should be
all I need.