[U-Boot] Booting from Nand Flash base on i.MX51.

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Aug 24 12:11:38 CEST 2010

shulin.zhou wrote:
> Hi,

> I am using mx51 base board,  I want to make u-boot booting from nand flash.
> Does anyone knows how to modify the u-boot source?

You have to add support for the NAND controller, not yet in mainline.

> Does add some code to init the nand flash controller in
> flash_header.S's dcd section?

You are not talking about u-boot sources in mainline. Linking the DCD
together with u-boot is the original development by Freescale.

There is no flash_header.S in u-boot.

In mainline, an header is added to the binary providing a different
image that can be loaded into the storage. See doc/README.imximage. This
is consistent in u-boot because other processors use the same approach.

> Does anyone have u-boot booting from NAND on mx51? Any repository, or a
> patch that might be available?

At the moment, NAND is not supported in u-boot mainline for the MX.51.
Patches are welcome ;-)

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de