[U-Boot] u-boot-x86

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:49:09 CEST 2010

Sk,

On 25/08/10 23:49, sk ong wrote:
> Graeme,
>
> Thanks for the information. Now I know I need to take a look at coreboot
> too.
>
> Do you know anyone has or plan to do porting for Intel Atom based uboot
> or coreboot or other boot loader?

Not specifically however I understand that the Atom is an x86/x64 based
processor which makes life a little easier. Depending on the use-case, I
think U-Boot could be useful. I notice the Atom is targeted at the Netbook
market which Linux is particularly strong which implies good hardware
driver support (i.e. re-usable driver code) which could (potentially) make
the porting process easier.

I notice there is a work in progress for coreboot on only one Intel Atom
motherboard (the D945GCLF) - Not a lot of support there.

Are you designing the hardware yourself or is this for an existing design?

I suppose the next big questions relate to your experience with the x86
architecture. It is a real pain to work with with a steep learning curve

Regards,

Graeme