[U-Boot] u-boot-x86

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Aug 27 12:07:37 CEST 2010

Hi Graeme,

> I notice there is a work in progress for coreboot on only one Intel Atom
> motherboard (the D945GCLF) - Not a lot of support there.

I would imagine that it is _very_ difficult to get at the information
one needs to write such low-level software.  During private talks I got
the impression that the manuals/data sheets which actually put you into
a position to use a hardware component from software is not what the
Intel Atom is known for - if you know what I mean.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
.. most of the finest products of an applied mathematician's fancy must be
rejected, as soon as they have been created, for the brutal but sufficient