[U-Boot] Debugging, Why USB is not stable

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 30 12:20:15 CEST 2010

Hi Bas,

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:52:30 +0200, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> In the past this turned out not to be as easy as it sounds.  The devil
>> lurks in the details which become apparent only when starting on the
>> job.  But of course if somebody accomplishes this, I cannot imagine
>> anyone from stopping him :)
>>

> Well, I vaguely recall a recent discussion here where a lot of changes
> to imported code were requested just to fulfil the U-boot code
> guidelines. That will not help particularly when the code needs to be
> synced again with the origin.

For code that we import en-bloc, we explicitely make expections to
U-Boot rules[1]:

  Source files originating from different projects (for example the MTD
  subsystem or the hush shell code from the BusyBox project) may, after
  careful consideration, be exempted from these rules. For such files, the
  original coding style may be kept to ease subsequent migration to newer
  versions of those sources.

> And yes, nobody said it was easy :-)

Well, at least I thought it at one moment in the past :)

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CodingStyle

--
Paul Simon sang "Fifty Ways to Lose Your Lover", because quite
frankly, "A Million Ways to Tell a Developer He Is a D*ckhead"