[U-Boot] [TEST] arm:board_init_f(): mirror BSS and check after each init_fnc()

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:12:19 CET 2010

Dear Albert ARIBAUD,

Am 01.12.2010 12:36, schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:
> hi Andreas,
>
> Le 01/12/2010 11:05, Andreas Bießmann a écrit :
>
>> I can not recommend a proper place for all boards cause this parameter
>> is highly is board specific.
>
> Understood -- each board maintainer must select an adapted location for
> the mirror.

Yes, but I have one thing to mention. This test does only detect writing
to BSS values in one of the init_sequence[] functions.

In my case I detected arch/arm/cpu/arm920t/at91/timer.c as faulty. But I
still have some issues booting at91rm9200ek from NOR flash. None of the
init_sequence[] functions writes to a BSS value in that case ... So if
the 'corrupted .dyn.rel' thing is my problem in NOR booting case
.dyn.rel got corrupted before board_init_f() or by some other function
call between for loop of init_sequence[] and relocate_code() ... I don't
know if I get this until release of v2010.12.

Maybe another maintainer is more lucky ...

regards

Andreas Bießmann