[U-Boot] [STATUS] next rebased / ARM help needed / release delayed

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:08:05 CET 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk,

Am 09.12.2010 10:52, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:

> 2) By some stupid accident I lost track of some / most / all
>    ARM related patches that are supposed to go into the current
>    release and/or next; unfortunately I also maked these as "applied'
>    in patchwork.
>
>    If you have any outstanding ARM patches that should go in, please
>    drop me a note (ideally including the respective link into
>    patchwork).

Apart from the ones already in u-boot-arm/master I have four other
patches for v2010.12:
 - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/73686/  [U-Boot,4/4] armv7: fix
relocation skip
 - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/73685/  [U-Boot,3/4] arm:
fixloop(): do not use r8 for relocation
 - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/73683/  [U-Boot,2/4] arm:
relocate_code(): do not set register useless
 - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/73684/ [U-Boot,1/4] arm:
copy_loop(): use scratch register

All of them are 'accepted' by 'wd' and I can not find them in
u-boot-arm/master

But I have never seen a concrete 'Acked-by' nor 'Tested-by' for those
patches. Albert can you please do so?
I think they are correct and really needed but my understanding of that
multi eyes principles is to have more than one to sign a patch.

>    Thanks, and sorry again.

No problem for me.

> 3) We will have a delay in the release. I will try to get a -rc3 out by
>    the weekend; new target for 2010.12 is December 20 (but don't hold
>    your breath).

So we may get a christmas release ;)

regards

Andreas Bießmann