[U-Boot] OMAP3: EVM: Linker errors across tool chain versions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 14 17:14:32 CET 2010

Dear Albert ARIBAUD,

In message <4D0794CF.5090608 at free.fr> you wrote:

> I think Wolfgang does not want this fix if it is a workaround to a bug,
> although it is not clear to me if this includes toolchain bugs. In any
> case, the decision will be Wolfgang's, so it's best if he's Cc:ed just
> in case.

I'm perfectly willing to accept workarounds for bugs.  But before
fixing or working around some suspected bug we should first
_understand_ what is happening.  And here this is not the case.

We do not understand yet what is going wrong, or why.  We don;t even
know if it's really depending on some too chain configuration or
version.

The risk is that we apply this patch now, and the problem which has
not been actually fixed will bit us somewhere else again later.

Please let's try understanding what goes wrong, and who is to blame
for it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Es ist offensichtlich, dass das menschliche Gehirn wie  ein  Computer
funktioniert.  Da  es  keine  dummen Computer gibt, gibt es also auch
keine dummen Menschen. Nur ein paar Leute, die unter DOS laufen.
                                                       -- <unbekannt>