[U-Boot] Adding a new board to U-Boot

Robert Mortimer rmortimer at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 16:08:45 CET 2010

First off I aplogise for top posting. It is common on some of the groups I am in
You will be glad to know I have registerd our board with the ARM registry
I have updated my local git repo to reflect the number we were given.
None of the porting guides I found round the internet seemed to include this step

Please could you confirm my understanding that the unique reference
is passed to the loading Linux kernel to allow it to configure it's self for
the target hardware.

Regards Rob

Blue Chip Technology Limited. Chowley Oak Lane, Tattenhall, Chester, Cheshire CH3 9EX Tel: 01829 772000 Registered in England 3110403 Vat No: GB 618 374134