[U-Boot] [ARM] gap between _start and CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 21 17:06:29 CET 2010

Dear Sergey Mironov,

In message <AANLkTikkL7iQVn-a8SxYM6=a0gqOSLza+Gtdhoq7dMFE at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Compiler: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Sourcery G++ Lite 2008q3-72)
> 4.3.2   -- I also tried a couple of other versions without difference.

Did these include more recent versions?  GCC 4.3.x is not exactly what
I can recommend for ARM systems...

> Text_base: 0x00100010

Is there a special reason for chosing such an odd address?

Why don't you use 0x00100000 ?

> Does anybody knows what is going on? How can I tell the linker to
> eliminate those gap?  Playing with . = ALIGN() in u-boot.lds didn't
> help.

We don't know your code, nor your linker script, nor your link
command.

We don't even know which version of U-Boot you are talking about.

Thus we cannot even guess what you might be doing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe
in God.