[U-Boot] I2C Register

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Feb 5 09:32:06 CET 2010

Ronny,

On Friday 05 February 2010 09:22:59 Ronny D wrote:
> My Customized ppc4xx I2C interface provides two I2C controllers. so i think
>  we will have to use Hard I2C ( because i will have to modify the same in
>  kernel too).

Yes, this would be best. But if you can map the I2C pins via pin multiplexing
to some GPIO pins, you could use the existing soft_i2c driver.

> Shall i used the same i2c driver from u-boot by modifying the register or
>  write my own driver for it?

I have no idea, since I don't have any infos about your I2C controller. I
don't know if it is similar to any of the supported controllers. So you need
to check this yourself.

> i found the ppc4xx_i2c structure, but can i get the information about the
>  each parameter or register used in that structure.

From the PPC4xx user manuals. For example the PPC440EPx. You can download
those manual from the AppliedMicro (AMCC) web site.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de