[U-Boot] Uboot RTC question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 5 19:49:29 CET 2010

Dear Steven Zedeck,

In message <27471322.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> My question is why is it that when we get to the Uboot prompt upon a power
> cycle, the date is set to:
> 2007-00-01 00:00:00
>
> Where is that being set/initialized? I looked through the code and I can't
> determine where this is being set.
>
> Is that what the date should be? Does Uboot force it somewhere?
>
> Our processor is the Atmel AT91SAM9RL.

We don't know what your board is, and if it's in mainline so we can
actually look at the code.

In a quick scan I didn't see any code in mainline which sets such a
date (which is wrong, in any case, as there is no month 00 in any of
the common notations).

Is there a chance that this is actually your own custom code?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Who is the oldest inhabitant of this village?"
"We haven't got one; we had one, but he died three weeks ago."