[U-Boot] Uboot RTC question

Steven Zedeck saz at proliphix.com
Fri Feb 5 20:33:51 CET 2010

wd wrote:

> Dear Steven Zedeck,
>
> In message <27471322.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:
>>
>> My question is why is it that when we get to the Uboot prompt upon a
>> power
>> cycle, the date is set to:
>> 2007-00-01 00:00:00
>>
>> Where is that being set/initialized? I looked through the code and I
>> can't
>> determine where this is being set.
>>
>> Is that what the date should be? Does Uboot force it somewhere?
>>
>> Our processor is the Atmel AT91SAM9RL.
>
> We don't know what your board is, and if it's in mainline so we can
> actually look at the code.
>
> In a quick scan I didn't see any code in mainline which sets such a
> date (which is wrong, in any case, as there is no month 00 in any of
> the common notations).
>
> Is there a chance that this is actually your own custom code?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> "Who is the oldest inhabitant of this village?"
> "We haven't got one; we had one, but he died three weeks ago."

As for my board, its based on the Atmel AT91SAM9RLEK board.

I inherited this code. So I am still looking through the code to see where
the RTC is being set.
All I know at the moment is that whenever I power cycle and stop at the
Uboot prompt, then type "date" I see that date/time:
U-Boot> date
at91_rtc_readtime(): 2007-00-01 00:00:xx
Date: 2007-00-01     Time:  0:00:xx

xx increments depending on when I type the date command.
I just wonder where this year/month is being initialized.

thanks,
Steve