[U-Boot] Problem to link u-boot for sh2a 7203

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 6 15:22:23 CET 2010

Dear Fabio Giovagnini,

In message <201002061124.41572.fabio.giovagnini at aurion-tech.com> you wrote:

> I can compile u-boot for rsk7203_config.
> But into the file board/renesas/rsk7203/config.mk
>
> TEXT_BASE = 0x0C7C0000
>
> and if I read u-boot.srec that is the result of building process I see that
> the address spce of the code is starting from 0x0C7C0000
>
> On my board I have 32 bit SDRAM at such an address, and even if I could

In this case your board is obviously not a Renesas rsk7203 board,
which means you cannot use this configuration foir your hardware.

> uxecute the program using an emulator initializing in place of me the BSC,
> how can I flash at 0x00000000 (start address of NOR flash) my bootloader?
> How can I link the loader so that I can flash the code into my NOR flash and
> using a part of SDRAM I have to run the bootloader?

You will have to port U-Boot to your hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
is only because we have no choice.
	-- Kirk, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5