[U-Boot] Problem to link u-boot for sh2a 7203

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 6 19:32:59 CET 2010

Dear Fabio Giovagnini,

please read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html - don't
top post / full quote, please.

In message <201002061654.11412.fabio.giovagnini at aurion-tech.com> you wrote:

> for sure my borad is not an rsk 7203, being my board designed by me; but I
> followed the rsk 7203 schematics to connect NOR Flash, SDRAM, ETH, and NAND
> Flash.
> As on my own board, as on rsk board NOR flash in on CS0.
> So I think I am miss understanding something.
> 1) Does u-boot a sort of IPL so it is the program the microprocessor runs at
> power on reset? If yes, at 0x00000000 or 0x20000000 (nt cached) should start
> the program? How it can run form 0x0C7C0000 if it is SDRAM address space?

I don't know your hardware, nor do I know the Renesas rsk7203 board. I
have no idea how your board's reset sequence looks like, nor how the
Renesas board loads and starts U-Boot.

U-Boot can be configured in a plethora of different ways to fit all
sorts of hardware.

If your board differs from the Renesas board, you will have to port
U-Boot to your hardware. As only you know the hardware, and as it is
you who defines things like memory map etc., only you can decide how
to do that. The Renesas board may, or may not, be a good starting
point. I cannot comment on this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The idea of male and female are universal constants.
	-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8