[U-Boot] How to random my mac in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 9 07:29:07 CET 2010

Dear Peter Pan,

please read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Do not top post / full quote.

In message <48abf2c21002081620j32c09d82qf61e55bc5426ef60 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> Thank you very much for your advice. That's a very nice approach.
> We will try this in our next version.
> > Our Linux devices all have an I2C EEPROM memory chip on board.

In this case make sure to provide hardware write protection for these
EEPROMs to prevent data loss through effects like described here:
doc/I2C_Edge_Conditions etc.

In general, such a solution is not needed at all. When you can
automate writes to an EEPROM, you can do the same for writes to flash
memory (which is what I pointed out in my posting refering to the
tqm8xx boards).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God runs electromagnetics by wave theory on  Monday,  Wednesday,  and
Friday,  and the Devil runs them by quantum theory on Tuesday, Thurs-
day, and Saturday.                                   -- William Bragg