[U-Boot] The post_list array order change

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 16 13:02:21 CET 2010

Dear Michael Zaidman,

In message <660c0f821002160239w30d02211k66cd1df24c987094 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> >> The test blinks the LEDs few times and performs running "1"
> >> ilumination. Of course only visual control is possible. The general
> >
> > This is not acceptable as a POST then. Only sich tests can be used
> > where it is possible to automatically detect the test result. Tests
> > that require interactive handling or manual inspection as in your case
> > do not fit into this setup.
> Ok, got it. I moved the diagnostics LEDs sanity test into misc_init_f which=
>  is
> called even earlier than post_init_f.

You may of course do that - it's your local code after all. But I tend
to believe that this does not make much sense. Interactive tests
should be run at a time when interaction is supported, i. e. _after_
relocation to RAM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because
OCT 31 == DEC 25 !  - Andrew Rutherford (andrewr at ucs.adelaide.edu.au)