[U-Boot] The ctrlc() does not work when used from post_hotkeys_pressed()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 16 16:24:35 CET 2010

Dear Michael Zaidman,

In message <660c0f821002160653w6efd755du2d4e8143be53e99c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > As mentioned before, the POST code is supposed to be NOT interactive.
>
> Then how we supposed to switch the POST_SLOWTEST mode?
>
> Is the proprietary HW button scanning implemented in post_hotkeys_pressed()
> of some boards contradicting with "NOT interactive" claim?

No, not at all. This feature performs a one-time scanning of some
inputs at power on (or at reset). This can be buttons that a user
presses (and holds pressed) when power cycling / resetting the
device, or DIP switches, or similar.

We only record the state to switch on a specific boot mode.

We do not need any interactivity during the POST itself.

The same could be implemented for example by setting a specific
envrionment variable, or similar.

> > In such an envrionment, handling of ^C makes no sense.
>
> What about those boards that call ctrlc() from post_hotkeys_pressed()?

I see this in board/xes/xpedite1000/xpedite1000.c and
board/sandburst/common/sb_common.c only, and I have no idea what it is
supposed to mean or how it is supposed to work. You have to ask this
the implementers of that specific code. I haven't seen it before.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Insufficient facts always invite danger.
	-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9