[U-Boot] The ctrlc() does not work when used from post_hotkeys_pressed()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 16 19:20:08 CET 2010

Dear Michael Zaidman,

In message <660c0f821002160835h3f231337i67d073e646ffe72a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Sorry, but I still do not understand why it can not be ctrlc() also.
> It can be scanned only once in the post_hotkeys_pressed() in the same
> manner any other mentioned by you above input is scanned.

Simply because ctrlc() assumes to have a woeking console device, and
devices support depends on code which is not available before
relocation to RAM.

> In my board I implemented both methods: HW botton and ctrlc()
> and both are working OK. Just think, the ^C add us great possibility

You reported that ctrlc() was _not_ working - which is to be expected,
as I already explained to you.

> I am not speaking about interaction during POST itself also. All I am trying
> to say is that we already have the console input available prior the post
> is running. Why do not utilize this advantage?

You have someting that seems to work for you, but this does not mean
that it works on other boards, on other processors or on other
architectures.

I don't intend to dicuss this in more and more iterations. You know my
opinion.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets  you  choose  your
own form of misery.