[U-Boot] Problem executing hello world as specified on wiki

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 22 00:22:27 CET 2010

Dear Vipul Jain,

In message <b178b0fc1002211514n40ca7c7v1dd248612e6ba87 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>    I am trying to execute the standlone examples of hello world by following
> the steps
> specified at the U-Boot wiki but have no success. This is what I am getting.

You must not just follow the steps without thinking.

> Method 1:
> ---------------
> EDB9302> tftp 40000 /tftpboot/hello_world.srec

What makes you think this is the correct download address?

> Using ep93xx_eth-0 device

ep93xx? Sounds line an ARM system to me. Are you sure you have RAM at
this address, and that this is the correct address for this standalone
app?

> EDB9302> loadb 0x100000
> ## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x00100000 at 115200 bps...

What makes you think this is the correct download address?

> Please help me, how can I test simple hello world program like this on
> U-Boot.

Well, if you continue trying random addresses you will probably
continue getting random results.

Please read the FAQ:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork

Then think about your sytem, nd check the load and entry point
addresses.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.
                              - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_