[U-Boot] Problem executing hello world as specified on wiki

Vipul Jain vipulsj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 06:26:46 CET 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

Some of the things that I have tried and would like to  share with you.

1. I read doc/README.standalone and it does mention default load addr and
start addr
    of standalone application for various architecture.
   [Snippet]
   4. The default load and start addresses of the applications are as
      follows:

                      Load address    Start address
    x86              0x00040000  0x00040000
    PowerPC     0x00040000  0x00040004
    ARM            0x0c100000  0x0c100000
    MIPS           0x80200000  0x80200000
    Blackfin       0x00001000  0x00001000

[end of snippet]

2. as mine is ARM, I know that only file I am interested in is
examples/standalone/hello_world
    why? because its in ARM ELF format.
   vipul at Gladiator:~/World/u-boot$ file examples/standalone/hello_world
examples/standalone/hello_world: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1
(SYSV), statically linked, not stripped

3. Now that I know the load addr, start addr and right hello_world file to
use, I did the following

EDB9302> tftp 0x0c100000 /tftpboot/hello_world
Using ep93xx_eth-0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.15.6; our IP address is 192.168.15.15
Filename '/tftpboot/hello_world'.
Load address: 0xc100000
done
Bytes transferred = 37756 (937c hex)
EDB9302> go 0x0c100000

4. Result. I still see a panic. I am not sure what part I am missing. I was
wondering if you could provide
your kind guidance.

Regards,
Vipul.