[U-Boot] memory display question

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Feb 25 11:27:46 CET 2010

Hi Steve,

> I'm currently getting an error when I try to do a secure boot (internal
> to the processor). So the next step is to verify that my u-boot image is
> loaded where I think it should be loaded (at TEXT_BASE (0x83F0_0000)).
>
> When I do a md.w 0x83F00000 0x20 it display's all zero's which is wrong.
>   It should have my reset vector and some other things there.  The image
> header is really at offset 0x400.
>
> So I tried md.w 0x83F00400 0x20 and still all 0's.

Why do you do a "md.w" to explicitely select 16-bit entities?  Did you
try without (i.e. correpsonding to .l) and .b?  Maybe your system has
problems with different access widths.

> This makes no sense because the darn thing boots!
>
> When I hook my Lauterbach to it and do a view memory through the JTAG
> the memory looks as I expect.  This makes complete sense because if this
> wasn't the case I wasn't sure how my system was going to boot.

What accesses do you perform in this setup to read the memory?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
You get 3 opportunities to advertise your Rock band, no more.
           -- Proposed Symbolics guidelines for mail messages (1984)